Senior Research Assistant (Compost & Casing)
The Senior Research Assistant will work on multiple tasks from different research projects which are associated with the quality of compost and casing. The SRA will also be responsible for managing the quality management system, health and safety policies and purchasing of supplies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Administrative tasks associated with the day-to-day running of the R&D Laboratory like purchasing
- Audit and manage assigned sections of the Quality Management System
- Validate existing and new analytical methods
- Conduct chemical analyses of compost, casing and mushrooms (or products derived from)
- Prepare chemical solutions and media
- Conduct data (statistical) analysis to support project report development.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as being team focused.
- Be motivated, collaborative, driven, goal orientated and systematic / well organised.
- Flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A 3rd level qualification in a science related field, preferably Analytical, Agricultural or Horticultural Science is essential.
- Research Masters or at least 5 years of industrial experience is essential.
- Proven record of good understanding/experience in the compost production and casing sectors.
- Excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages.
- Driving licence is essential as the role involves travelling.
How to apply:
Click APPLY HERE