Packhouse Maintenance Technician
The Packhouse Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of mushroom packaging machinery and general site maintenance.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance and breakdown repair on all site services and packaging machinery. Services and machinery will include; basic refrigeration plant, water treatment plant, Omori Stretch Wrappers, Safeline Metal Detectors, Delford Checkweighers, Graham Labellers, Anritsu Metal Detector/Checkweighers, Multivac Topsealers, Mondini Topsealers, Nobac Labellers, ICE Label Printers etc.
- Reacting immediately to any breakdowns or problems and try to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible, using the resources available
- Sourcing of everyday parts, services and 3rd party repairs while following up on deliveries to ensure that incoming parts are fitted as soon as possible
- Implementing, driving and improvement on existing preventative maintenance programmes and liaising with other departments specifying and planning for future machinery installations on site
- Other associated duties including use of good stock control techniques, stock checks, systems maintenance etc.
- Help co-ordinate plant & equipment installations and moves
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards and maintenance documentation in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A sound mechanical and electrical knowledge of packaging equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills with electronic equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A high level of technical ability.
- A high level of flexibility: shift changes/travel commitments/training courses/preventative maintenance and project support.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant electrical qualification is a necessity.
- Several years’ industry experience in a similar role is also necessary.
- Working knowledge of any of the packaging equipment mentioned above.
- Refrigeration experience.
How to apply:
Click APPLY NOW