- Tyholland, Co. Monaghan
As the largest vertically integrated fresh mushroom business in the world, Monaghan Mushrooms supplies a range of fresh mushrooms to national and international retailers in the UK, Europe and North America. With Group headquarters located at Tyholland in County Monaghan, the group also has production facilities in the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands, Germany and Ontario in Canada. The company has a workforce of circa 4,000 people spread across all its geographic locations.
With the company continuing its international growth both organically and by acquisition an opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Management Accounting Team. This role will provide excellent career prospects and the opportunity to work within the international business environment.
Working as part of a vibrant and enthusiastic Management Accounting Team you will develop and manage the preparation of group product costings, weekly group KPI reporting and quarterly group performance forecasting, with any ad hoc reporting as required.
- Manage a group wide standard product costing model including working closely with the commercial teams in UK/Ireland/Europe/Canada providing new product costing models as required.
- Provide insight on new product costing models and propose solutions to achieve internal & customer margin requirements.
- Develop and administer approval process for new product costings.
- Produce standard weekly customer and product profitability reports across UK/Ireland, Europe & Canada.
- Provide monthly insight on drivers of customer/product profitability – identify areas for margin growth. – Identify & explain variances from budget
- Develop the use of the ERP system to benefit the entire management accounting function.
- Report Group KPI’s weekly for all group sites.
- Present rolling 13 week forecasts for all group sites.
- Positively contribute to any ad hoc projects.
This role requires the individual to:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team using their own initiative
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and in pressurised situations
- Understand the importance of attention to detail and accuracy
- Focused on presenting information professionally and understandably
- Be a Self-Motivator, with a keen interest in business and the economy
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and IT skills
- Have analytical curiosity.
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified/Part qualified cost accountant with industry experience.
- CIMA qualification/Working towards CIMA qualification.
- Experience of working closely with the commercial function of a business supplying major retailers
- Experience of providing insight and recommendations on profit/margin improvement to commercial teams.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- An efficiency driven individual with a focus on business improvement.
- Highly Proficient Excel User.
- Valid passport and willingness to travel abroad for short periods of time if required.
To apply please click the link below